- All tables can be customized up to 14’ lengths and will be a standard 36”-39” wide unless ordered otherwise.
- Finished wood thickness will vary depending on the actual plank itself and the wood texture you select. A one inch thick top will average out to be a finished ½”- ¾” thick and a two inch thick top will average out to be a finished 1 ½”-1 ¾” thickness.
- Standard table height will run between 29”-31” high depending on wood thickness.
Rub thru finish:
- A rub thru finish is a process wherein the top color is lightly sanded off to expose the wood or the color below. Our standard rub thru finish is a light to medium rub. Heavier rub thru is available as well.
Our wood tables and case good products are constructed of century old domestic pine and old oak that have been salvaged from old barns and sheds. Each board will vary in appearance from piece to piece. Nail holes, uneven planks, old pegs, patches, cracks, saw marks, watermarks, wormholes, sunspots and dents are all natural characteristics of the old wood and should not be viewed as defective. Our best effort is made in the finishing process to blend these characteristics together however, these “imperfections” in the wood give the furniture character and provide a truly distinctive product. We will attempt to accommodate requests for different levels of distress, but it is far from an exact science.
- Breadboard ends are a centuries old technique that was originally used to prevent warping and cracking of very wide planks. Given new construction techniques, breadboard ends are now optional. Throughout the year, especially in the drier and colder months, you may notice that the breadboard ends extend beyond the rest of the tabletop. Rest assured, it is performing its intended function and is not defective. It will recede in the warmer, more humid months. . If you elect not to have breadboard ends, it is common for there to be slight “checking” or cracking on the end grain. This is normal and not considered defective.
Care and Maintenance:
- Our barn wood products are all triple sealed with environmentally friendly water based products. Our sealants are water resistant and are meant to protect the surface from regular wear and tear. Surfaces should be cleaned with a damp soapy sponge. Commercial cleaners and polishes should be avoided as solvents in these products can damage the existing finish. Most blemishes can easily be remedied at home with a stain or wax pen available in most hardware stores.
Q: How do I place an order?
A: You can either place an order with your sales assistant or on-line. Your order will be put into line for production once we have received a 50% deposit.
Q: Can I order special sizes?
A: All the tables in our barnwood collection can be customized to size. Please ask your sales assistance about customizing options for other lines.
Q: Are your finishes durable and “customer-friendly”?
A: Let’s put it this way…Got kids? These finishes are for you! Wipe with damp sponge and air dry. Do not use commercial cleaners or polishes. Spray polishes have a tendency to “build up” and can ultimately cause problems that are difficult to correct.
Q: Do you guarantee your merchandise?
A: We guarantee to replace any defective product or finish that is identified by the customer within 30 days of purchase. Refer to terms and conditions page for more detail.
Q: How will I know when my order is ready?
A: Your sales associate will contact you when your order is completed. Shipping/pick up arrangements will be discussed at that time.
Q: What forms of payment do you accept?
A: Check, Master Card, Visa, and AmEx.
Q: What do I need to provide to have you customize a particular design or color match?
A: We would ask that you send a sample to our facility with your request clearly spelled out. It is essential that your wishes are communicated clearly. Our staff will follow your directions very literally but will call you if there are questions that remain prior to doing the work.
Q: Can you match colors to existing items in my home?
A: All dye lots vary slightly and therefore we can not guarantee an exact match. However, we can guarantee that we can get a color that will be very close and will be quite complimentary to the color that you are looking to match.